Aerial Work Platform Training is designed for both new and experienced operators. This course will discuss topics relating to the safe use and operation of aerial work platforms including: OHSA legislations, pre-operational inspections, battery care and maintenance.
Upon successful completion of the theoretical/practical portions, participants will receive an Aerial Work Platform Certificate as proof of training.
- Major causes of accidents
- Responsibilities of the Dealer, Owner, User, Operator
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Define construction project – Regulations 213/91
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Battery Care and Maintenance
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Written Test
- Practical evaluation
It’s the law! Employers are required to provide fall protection training to all employees who use a fall protection harness.
Eighty people are injured every day in a fall at work, that’s one every 20 minutes. Same-level slips and falls account for 65% of all fall injuries.
Falls from heights account for 34% of all fall injuries.
These falls are preventable. This course will provide the necessary theoretical knowledge of proper fall prevention.
Course content includes:
- Legal requirements under the following legislation
- Understand the principles of basic hazards and controls of fall prevention
- Powered elevation work platforms
- Protective covers
- Warning barriers and bump lines
- Travel-restraint systems
- Fall-restriction & safety net systems
- Fall-arrest components
- Bottoming out
- Pendulum effect
- Emergency rescue