Section 25(2)(j) of the Occupational health and Safety act states that employers in Ontario shall ensure they prepare and review a written occupational health and safety policy, and develop and maintain a program to implement that policy.
Your health and safety program should include the following:
- Safety rules, including un-written rules
- Responsibilities of the employer and employee with regards to safety
- Emergency procedures including rules and responsibilities
- Procedures when a safety hazard is discovered
- What to do when a worker gets hurt
- Training that will provided to workers
We develop a comprehensive Health and Safety Program; we prepare your organization for WSIB’s Work well Audit program, and bring the company up to compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its associated Regulations as well as the standards set out by the Ministry of Labor.
Companies that have an effective Health and Safety Program in place will experience fewer accidents. In turn, fewer accidents will result in a substantial savings in the amount of money that is spent on WSIB costs related to those accidents.