Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act states employers must appoint competent supervisors. Whether you are newly appointed or someone who has been in the role for sometime, this workshop will bring you up to date with the legal requirements and safety procedure concepts related to the Act.
Specifically, the workshop provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to manage and implement health and safety in their respective roles.
On completion you will:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of all workplace parties
- Gain a working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations that apply to your workplace
- Be aware of recent changes in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Capable of identifying potential hazards to employees in the workplace
- Realize that contributing factors can increase the risk of potential workplace hazards and understand the fundamentals of accident prevention
- Identify with and support the concept of Due Diligence
- Familiar with your legal responsibilities with regards to work refusals, injury reporting and critical injuries
- Be prepared and know what to do if the Ministry of Labour arrives at your workplace
Who should attend this 1 day workshop?
- Supervisors / Lead Hands
Contact us for next course date!