What is it?
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant gives business funding to help train workers.
How much funding can I get?
The Grant will fund, on average, two-thirds of a worker’s eligible training costs, which includes tuition and fees, textbooks and materials, to a maximum of $10,000.
Is any business eligible for funding?
Individual businesses and business organizations can apply while broader public sector organizations or Canada-Ontario Job Grant service providers are not eligible. If the same worker is already receiving government funding to train, you cannot apply.
Who provides the training?
Any eligible third-party trainers may provide the training.
What are the requirements?
Your business must:
- contribute at least one-third of training costs
- employ the worker you plan to train
- be licensed to operate on Ontario
- have insurance, and comply with labour and human rights legislation
Who can get training?
- have an employer to sponsor them
- be a resident of Ontario
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person
- not be already taking full-time education or training
Why should I train my workers?
Training employees improves business performance, profit and staff morale. Your employees training is a key to your business’s success.