This year, the ministry is coordinating the proactive enforcement blitz and initiative schedules for the Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Employment Standards Program. Coordinating the schedules highlights the importance the ministry places on protecting workers’ rights under both the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and the Employment Standards Act (ESA), and enhancing employers’ awareness of their responsibilities.
Get your T’s crossed and your I’s dotted. This will be the provincial Health and Safety focus in the next couple of months.
- Falls – Construction May 16 – July 15
- Falls – Industrial May 16 – July 15
- Falls – Mining May 16 – July 15
- New and Young Workers – Industrial
July 18 – September 2
- Mobile Cranes and Material Hoisting – Construction
August 1 – September 30