All employers covered by the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act (WSIA) must follow the first aid requirements outlined in Regulation 1101(PDF).
Here are some of the requirements:
- Workplaces must have at least one worker on site at all times that has a valid first aid certificate from a WSIB-approved training organization.
- Employers must cover any costs for first aid equipment and services.
- Employers must inspect first aid equipment at least once every three months.
- First aid stations must be easy to find and near a worker who has a valid first aid certificate.
- Employers must post the in case of injury at work poster (Form 82), first aid certificates and kit inspection card in an area that all workers can easily access.
- Employers must keep a detailed record of all incidents and any first aid treatment given.
First aid requirements apply to all workers regardless of their employment status and for all workplaces, including off-site work locations.
Contact us to register for our next training date