Join our virtual training via zoom on July 28. Contact us to register.
Ontario’s Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (WSIA) is the legislation behind workers’ compensation in Ontario. This course will introduce the respective legislation to participants and will review accident reporting, managing workers’ compensation claims, and appealing claims. This course is designed to help you control the return to work process and reduce employer compensation costs.
Course topics include:
- Overview of WSIB legislation
- Compensation for occupational disease, chronic pain, and mental stress
- Early and safe return to work initiatives
- How to improve claims management and reduce compensation costs
- Understanding your experience rating system
- Worker duties to co-operate with return-to-work efforts of the employer
- Challenging WSIB decisions and questionable claims
- Managing the difficult claim and minimizing your costs
- Appealing decisions to the WSIB
- Preparing for and responding to Workwell Audits
- WSIB Claims Management Certification Certificate
- Resource materials and documentation
Who should attend:
Operation managers, workers’ compensation claims administrators, human resource managers, OHS managers, nurses, physicians, in-house legal counsel, office managers, health and safety members and representatives.