Asbestos Type 1 and 2
This course is intended for those who will perform Type 1 and/or Type 2 asbestos work operations. Please note: the scope of this course is not sufficient for performing Type 3 asbestos work. Please refer to Section 12 of Ontario Regulation 278/05 for the specific classifications of asbestos work operations.
This course meets the training requirements under Section 19 of Ontario Regulation 278/05 for performing Types 1 and 2 asbestos work.
- Uses and common types of asbestos-containing materials (ACM) in buildings
- Health effects of asbestos exposure
- Ministry of Labour Regulation 278/05
- Owner and contractor responsibilities
- Classification of Asbestos Operations
- Measures and procedures for Types 1 and 2 Asbestos Operations
- Personal hygiene and personal protective equipment for Types 1 & 2 Asbestos Operations
- Regulatory requirements for asbestos waste transportation and disposal
For more information, please fill out the form below.