H2S Aware® Safety Training in Ontario
This one-day course is intended for all workers in the petroleum industry who could or be exposed to hydrogen sulphide (H2S), also known as sour gas. This course is required for people who work in the oil industry field and covers all the required information of the H2S Alive program.
Hydrogen Sulphide: It’s a Killer Gas
- Introduction to H2S
- Properties of H2S
- H2S Health Hazards
Hazard Detection & Exposure Limits: How much is too much?
- Hazard Detection
- How H2S is measured?
- Worker Exposure Limits & Corresponding Health Effects
- Signs & Symptoms of Acute Toxicity
- Signs and Symptoms of Chronic Toxicity
Hydrogen Sulphide in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Locations of H2S (some examples)
- Perfect Conditions for a H2S Release
- Locations of H2S Leaks (some examples)
- Activities that Contribute to a Release
- Common Leak Locations
Personal Protective Measures
- Personal Protective Equipment
Contingency Plans & Rescue Response including First Aid
- Contingency Plans & Emergency Response
- Emergency Response Strategy
- Unresponsive Worker Rescue Techniques
- Rescue Breathing
- Requesting Emergency Medical Services
Safe Job Procedures
- Safe Job Procedures
- Employer Responsibilities
- Workers Responsibilities
- Worksite Awareness
Upon successful completion of this program you will have earned the following ticket:
A certificate valid for three years is issued upon successful completion of a written examination and demonstration of the required skills.
We teach this course monthly, contact us for schedule and cost.
For more information, please fill out the form below.