Basics of Supervisor Training
A “competent” supervisor is key to a successful health and safety program.
Expectations placed on a supervisor are always high. Our interactive workshop breaks down the responsibilities outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and how those responsibilities directly relate to the health and safety of the workers you supervise. Our content aligns with the requirements outlined in the Ministry of Labour supervisor awareness workbook.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The importance of the supervisor
- Duties and responsibilities of the employer, worker and supervisor
- Role of the health and safety rep and JHSC
- Working as a team
- Internal Responsibility System and how the supervisor fits in
- Role of the WSIB and Ministry of Labour
- Supporting the rights of workers
- How to recognize, assess, control and evaluate hazards
- Handling health and safety concerns
- Obtaining health and safety assistance
- Health and safety resources
- Motivating employees to work safely
Target Audience: Supervisors
Course Materials: Reference Manual
For more information, please fill out the form below.