CPO Approved: Joint Health & Safety Committee Refresher Training in Vaughan, Concord, Woodbridge, Markham, Richmond Hill, Brampton, Mississauga, Scarborough and Toronto
In order to be JHSC certified in Ontario, members must complete certification with a Chief Prevention Officer (CPO) approved training provider.
To be certified, you need to successfully complete:
- JHSC Part 1
- JHSC Part 2 within six months of Part 1
- JHSC Refresher Training, which must be completed every three years in order to remain certified*
This 1-day workshop-style, discussion-based course is designed to bring JHSC members up-to-date with the latest regulations. The course reminds members of the various duties and responsibilities of the JHSC. Sessions are complemented by checklists, sample paperwork, and tracking mechanisms for items such as hazard identification, meetings, and inspections.
- Discuss the rights, duties, and responsibilities of certified members and workplace parties
- Recognize and apply changes and/or updates to legislation, standards, codes of practice, and new safety initiatives from the last three years
- Identify methods to evaluate the health of your IRS
- Practice identifying hazards, completing hazard evaluations, and making recommendations
- Create effective action plans
- Create a plan to improve the effectiveness of your JHSC
- Discuss best practices with other JHSC members and adapt JHSC best practices for your workplace
JHSC members who were certified after March 1, 2016
*JHSC Refresher Training is required to maintain JHSC certification for anyone who became certified after March 1, 2016.
We conduct Ministry of Labour Joint Health and Safety Certification Training in the following areas:
- Richmond Hill
- North York
For more information, please fill out the form below.